Monday, June 8, 2015

Steve Clarke: Assignment #4 - Join the Eagles' Nest


            Soooo... ya. I'm proud to be an eagle scout. Hah. No, um, I decided to create an ad for Boy Scouts of America, because I had this photo of my friends and I when we dressed up as scouts for Halloween one year, and I thought I could make it into something. For this assignment, I photoshopped us all out of the original picture and and placed us in a setting that would create more of an emotional reaction (large green field). As far as composition, I really tried to use white (blank) space to contribute to the balance of the ad in most of the upper-left fourth. I worked with both the horizon and the text "Come Fly With Us" to make sure it was on a third, and that the eagle and BSA logo were evenly distributed apart from and among the white space. For the scouts, I used a couple different photo effects in an attempt to get them to stand out and not look so obviously photoshopped. To do this, I put a shadow-ish affect over the top of all four of them as well as an outer glow.

Here is what I envisioned the ad looking like in a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment