Monday, June 8, 2015

Christine Marsh- Assignment 4


My roommate is a very talented artist. All of her paintings and designs are so cool, so for this assignment I wanted to piggy back on her creativity. I decided I wanted to showcase both her as the artist and her artwork. I took two photos and cut them in half. Then I took out the background, lightened the picture on the right, and added the text. I had to work a lot to make the nose, mouth, chin, and forehead match up. I used liquify, paint, and distortion to make them all line up. I added the BYU fine arts logo as kind of an invitation to join BYU's art program. I was hoping to make the picture slightly symmetrical horizontally. I would put this in a BYU magazine in order to encourage more students to join the College of Fine Arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment