Monday, June 8, 2015

Katie Arnell - Assignment #4 - Unlock your imagination


For this project, I decided to use a bilateral symmetry style for the composition. This is an advertisement for Adobe Software, such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrated. The idea is that those softwares make it possible for you to unlock the imagination with in you to create something new and beautiful. The picture began with only the hand, and I duplicated and reflected that image to create the symmetry shown. I then used a number of photoshop effects and filters on specific parts of the bottom hand, which is the hand that represents our imagination. On the hand, I used a blue color filter, I used the Pointilize on the looping part around the hand. I lightly sprayed a pattern in yellow and purple to create a color haze, and I used a few black and white rectangle areas to create contrast. Finally, I solarized a few selected areas of the bottom half.

The white space was particularly important on the top half of the image, but because there was so much going on on the bottom half, it started out looking a little off balance. However, adding the text and brand logo at the top helped to reestablish balance for the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment