Sunday, June 14, 2015

Rosie Jarman | Final Project - Dear Lizzie Website


For my final project I decided to kill two birds with one stone and finish designing the website for my mother's boutique Dear Lizzie in Highland. The store is approaching its 10th anniversary so we've been doing some major updates, thus getting the website refreshed has been a huge priority. For a small business like ours, the main goal for any design work is that it effectively communicates the store's aesthetic while providing the crucial information potential and current customers need. Dear Lizzie is all about femininity and sophistication, so I pared back the design in order to provide a simple, clean backdrop against which images from the store itself can stand out. I wanted everything about the site to be undeniably Lizzie, thus, the floral pattern is taken from a photo of the wallpaper we have in-store and I've been working closely with my mom to get all the verbiage just right. (Much of the wording and images are actually only placeholders - waiting on getting our own images back and working on refining all our best quips!) The site won't be officially launching for a few more months, so I've got time to fill in the details, however, the bulk of the design is set in stone and I'm proud to say my mama approves!


No comments:

Post a Comment