Monday, June 15, 2015

Liesl Hansen | Final Project: Corgi Infographic

I once was having a conversation with one of my friends about corgis. I said, "Corgis are adorable. I want one."
She responded, "Yeah, but their legs are too short."
And my response was: "EXACTLY. THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM CUTE."

Which is why I decided to create an infographic on all the fun facts about corgis. The Pembroke Welsh corgi is more common (and in my opinion slightly cuter) than the Cardigan corgi, so I chose orange since they are most often associated with that color. I went for a complementary color scheme in sticking with purely blue and orange - I chose a soft blue to create a nice hue for viewers of the infographic. I wanted to emphasize the most fun facts at the top: they are a part of the royal family and their name means "Dwarf Dog." I tried to put all of the facts in areas that would guide the eyes. I added a crown to create a feeling of royalty and I made certain fonts bigger to emphasize different points.

No comments:

Post a Comment