Monday, June 15, 2015

Katie Arnell- Final Project - KTRnL Designs GIF

For my final project, I wanted to break away from just static images and attempt to create an animation of some sort. I wanted to create a gif, so I decided to make a gif that would be a quick advertisement for my designs (This is a gif, but for some reason my computer was being weird and it wouldn't save in gif format, so it is just in video format). I know how simple and raw this looks, but it is so much harder than I realized! I legitimately spent hours and hours on this project! So many little effects and changes to make! I made the gif on photoshop, and I created it all myself. The couple is made of two different side profiles from pictures that I had which I cut out and darkened to black. The rain is made up of x's and o's to go with the "love" scene and theme of the gif. I set up the frames on an animation timeline on Photoshop, which makes it possible to edit each of the slides to create the look of falling rain, moving people, zooming camera, etc. I spent SO much time editing each frame and moving layers very slightly across the timeline to make them move. For things that moved in a straight line, I was able to use the "tween" animation so that it moved it across the screen in a certain number of frames. I also created the logo myself, based off of a way I have been writing my name since fifth grade (KTRnL = Katie Arnell). I also had a lot of work adjusting visibility across the frames so that things shown in one frame did not show up later on. In addition, I wanted everything to reflect a color theme of red, black, and white to create a classy, romantic look. This project was mainly made up of tiny little changes to about 100 frames! But it also was a LOT of fun to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment