Sunday, June 7, 2015

Jenna Barratt - Assignment 4 | Why Utah is the Best


So for my project I decided to make an infographic which was a really interesting learning experience. First, I decided on the topic of Utah because I work for the Governor of Utah. I then started gathering the information, choosing what I felt to be the most relevant and interesting. Then I picked out the photos, most of which are free clipart from online but I adjusted the images or took out the background on the images to give them a more cohesive style and not so blocky as they were.
Really the hardest part was the composition. I discovered interesting and useful tools on Indesign to align the images correctly and give even space throughout to give the infographic structure thus increasing the readability. I had to really rely on the grids. I definitely took into consideration contrast with the colors; repetition with the three rows of three and consistently with font choice; alignment with the columns and rows; and proximity with the text to image and the borders.
To pull it all together, I took the final project from Indesign and exported it as a jpeg and placed a yellow screen over the image. Overall, I think the graphic takes on a modernist style with an informative tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment