Monday, June 8, 2015

Haley Hilton - Assignment 4 - Advertisement


Sorry about the horse picture again! I promise for the next assignment I'll shake things up! Okay so for this project I decided to do an advertisement that could be used for the Humane society whether it be for a poster or for internet advertising. I wanted it to be a combination of calling people to action as well as getting some exposure out for the company.

I leveled out my eye with the horses to represent the human connection with animals. It shows that we can feel similarly, and have similar needs for protection and care. The expression on my face matches the expression on the horses face. From there, the eye of the horse closest to the viewer as well as the Humane society logo and the eye of the horse behind make a triangle that attract the viewers eye. I felt that the determination in the eye of the horse really contrasted the eye of the horse suffering.

I was all about simplicity for this layout. I wanted a lot of open space so that the call to action was clear and specific. I didn't want there to be too much going on. I feel like the simplicity of the logo allows the image to speak for itself in encouraging people to take care of their pets, or to donate and support. I put the bottom two lines under the logo directly across from the horses eye and the persons eye to bring attention to that line.

I thought that this design was visually pleasing and could be effective in getting viewers attention. In the book it says that our ultimate aim in creating visuals should be to make the content "appealing, accessible, easy to read and easy to use." I felt that this design did this.

No comments:

Post a Comment