Monday, June 15, 2015

Christine Marsh- Final project


For my final project I wanted to try to incorporate all of the elements that we have learned this term. I  see this as being an anti-bullying poster. First I cropped the photo so her eyes would line up on the third. Then I just starting adding all the text. I used many different sizes and weights to show that some words stand out stronger than others. I unsaturated the photo to give it a more melancholy feel. At first the font didn't have a good order on her face and it felt cluttered. Also, i didn't like how you lost many of the aspects of her face like her lips and nose. I decided to change the font to follow her face. I made the lips, curved the text around the curves of her face. I also, tried to recreate her nose and eyebrows out of the font. I decided not to cover up the eyes because I wanted to still have a real person behind the photo instead of covering her all up with text. Lastly, I added the slogan and added a drop shadow so that it stood out. I tried the picture in black and white but I felt that the text stood out better in color. If I had more time i would've liked to play with the font and shading more to give her reflection a more realistic look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment