Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sondra Swensen - Assignment #2 - Walls


While exploring Fort San Cristobal in San Juan, Puerto Rico, I was struck with the realization that when we build walls for protection, the consequence is that we limit our ability to enjoy the beauty and the possibilities of life outside those walls. I took this picture through one of the places used to  shoot cannons against enemies, showing the contrast of the thickly constructed walls, and the beauty of what was on the outside of those walls. I decided that this picture deserved to be paired with this message of warning to those who build both invisible and visible walls, believing they are only for protection without realizing their opposing effect.

I produced this project in Canva. The object of my submission is to illustrate the use of spacing, leading, font type and direction of typography to help communicate the meaning of the words and  message which is also reinforced by the image.

1 comment: