Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Haley Hilton - Assignment 2 - Ditch the Salad


For this assignment we were asked to create an image with text that provided a call to action for the viewers. As I began brainstorming for the assignment, I initially thought about many serious commands I could give to someone through the project. After a while though, all I could think about is how much I wanted ice-cream, and how much I REALLY didn't want to eat my salad. So I decided to create a call to action to put down those salad forks and eat a treat! It will make us all happier I think!

I edited this image by lightening the background and saturation in order to make everything seem very light and airy. I wanted to keep a very feminine feel to the picture. I used skinny lettering in order to add to the very chick vibe of the image. I also used the thinness of the lettering to provide the illusion that ditching the salad will still keep you thin and pretty. (a total lie btw.) I also used the lines from the garage in the background to give the image organization as well as clarity. I wanted the type to be clean and clear, but not too bold in your face so as the keep the whimsical vibe the image is portraying. I used a font called "Avenir Next Ultra Light," from the studio app.






No comments:

Post a Comment