Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Makenzie Wistisen - Assignment 2 - Adventure

Photograph by: Makenzie Wistisen

For this assignment, I chose to work with a photograph I took while jet skiing last year at Bear Lake. Despite my very real fear of the Bear Lake Monster, Bear Lake is one of my absolute favorite places on earth; with its vivid, crystal clear, glacier fed, aqua blue water and forested surroundings, Bear Lake is unmatched in serene beauty. While glacier fed water makes for a chilly swim, there's a never ending list of water sports available on this vast lake. From sailing to boating, jet skiing, tubing, paddle boarding, wake boarding, water skiing etc., there's adventure to be had day in and day out. 

In this photograph, you see the nose of my jet ski as I prepare to hit the open waters ahead. A generally choppy and incredibly wavy body of water, Bear Lake often feels more like the ocean. However, this is no deterrent for the brave, it's almost a challenge. With the sun shining through an array of clouds to glisten on the textural water, I look to open skies and begin a high speed adventure into the unknown. I wanted the viewer to feel a sense of pending adventure, a calmness that precedes action, within the photograph as well as the text.

I chose a font within Adobe Photoshop (Myriad Pro Bold) that felt strong, clear, clean and calm exactly like Bear Lake, I stayed with a white font as it felt more comprehensive and professional, and spaced the latter word 'adventure' to give length variation between the two lines and emphasize the message. Additionally, I enhanced the lighting, sharpness, contrast and color of the photograph itself. I hope this message inspires its viewer to take a risk and experience life to its fullest capacity. Let's go on an adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment