Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Jenna Barratt | Assignment 2: Don't Stress


I played around with the image a lot. Ultimately I decided on this depiction because I didn't want the photo to come off too violent or too playful. I really just wanted it to portray how I feel- overwhelmed. I feel like that there is so much to do in a day and my mind is processing so many different thoughts that sometimes I just feel like shooting my brains out. Without all the blood and gore of course.
To make the image possible, I worked in Photoshop and in InDesign. I cropped the image, made it brighter and then overlaid a blue screen on it to give it a melancholy tone. Everything with the text was done in InDesign. I used the eyedropper tool in InDesign for the type color, which was to combat the melancholy tome because even with so many thoughts, not all are bad. The font I choose is Nanum Pen Script, which I used to give the type a handwritten look as if I took the words straight off my to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment