Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Brooke Tait | Assign.#2: The Spider's Web



I took this picture on a stormy day when it was about to rain. I was fascinated by the wonderful colors and structure of the spider web. As I watched the spider I felt how accomplished he was in his beautiful web. He of course was not trying to impress anyone but to build his home. I was very struck by his determination to continue spinning even if it was about to rain or storm, and that maybe his influence wasn't too big for a spider. For this reason I put the words, "spin a web of influence". I want my audience to relate influence as gradual and consistent--like a web. We may feel that nobody is watching or listening to us, or for any reason paying any attention to us and our lives. But as we keep spinning this influence will become stronger and stronger like this web. 

I made may different versions of the text. I wanted both the words "web" and "influence" to be accented. I didn't use any color on the text, as I felt it would draw away from the colors in the photo. I used Photoshop to bring out the colors and accent the spider. I made the background darker as to bring out the whiteness of the web. 

No comments:

Post a Comment