Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Katie Arnell- Assignment 2- Find Your Music


I chose to do this piece because I am really intrigued by the idea of creating a form out of purely typography. I decided to base it off of a picture that I took of my roommate's guitar, and to use the words "Find your music" to construct the entire image. In order to do so, I used Photoshop to draw paths along the significant edges as well as to add some fill to parts, and I typed along those paths to create the form of the guitar. After I finished the actual lines, I used a color balancing effect over the image to create a blue overlay in order to invite a soothing, calm mood. Finally, I made the bolded "Find your music" a more contrasting color so that it stood out in the image.

The reason I chose that phrase was because I believe that we all have music within us, but it is specific and individual to each person. We don't need to work so hard to fit in or be like everyone else. Life is more fulfilling when we discover what we can offer to the world and find joy in the music within us.

No comments:

Post a Comment