Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Kaitlyn Lindley | Assignment 1 - Inside My Bag


For this assignment, I chose to photograph the items I carry with me regularly in my purse. The contents of a person's bag can be very telling. One can infer a number of things about a person--what they like, what they do for fun, what's important to them--based solely on objects they deem important enough to carry with them. Granted, the assumptions one might make could be completely wrong; however, the uncertainty and mystery of knowing what a person carries with them without actually knowing the person makes the concept interesting. 

Individually, the items found in my bag are fairly mundane: keys, mints, a book, a comb, a ticket stub, a phone charger. But when observed collectively, in an attempt to learn something about a person, the items hold more significance. It requires one to look at the everyday objects in with a different perspective. I muted the colors in the picture to make the objects appear more uniform and part of one distinct whole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment