Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Spencer King


For the final project I decided to tell a story with a picture. I took a picture of my hand covered in climbing chalk which helped bring out the texture and give it an aged feel. Then by bringing down the colors I really tried to make the calises and cracks pop. After that I brought back the color of the wedding ring back in to make the ring the focus of the image. The text tells a story and by using a darker color than the ring it doesn't distract the viewer too much from the hand. I also used a perspective that focuses in more on the palm and gives the hand a long view perspective.

Commented on
Theodore King
Tyler Shaw
Kyle Lewis
Ken Brave
Chelsea Luke

5 comments:

  1. I really like this. It makes me think of Pompeii. Love the message. good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really caught my eye today during class. The simplicity is so powerful and the message is clear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The detail on the hand is incredible. Plus the way the hand looks sort of like its glowing is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. The hand almost looks like a statue, which make the ring seem like the thing that will at last the flesh. Not sure if this is what you were going for but awesome either way

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it. The hand almost looks like a statue, which make the ring seem like the thing that will at last the flesh. Not sure if this is what you were going for but awesome either way

    ReplyDelete