Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Your Friendly Neighborhood - Concert Poster


Assignment Four 
Your Friendly Neighborhood

For assignment four I decided to create a concert poster. Within this concert poster you can see the construction of composition and the mixture and varying text levels, sizes and fonts. The poster displays the feel of the band and its members. After looking at a concert poster the viewer should be able to get a certain feeling of what the band is like as well as get the information of the concert quick and easy.

The poster is a good demonstration of clean and simple lines. The viewers eyes can easily follow sentence by sentence, word by word getting the information they need regarding the upcoming concert. When I took the photo I had the idea of a poster in mind. I felt that using the method "rule of thirds," I then could use the blank space to display a information about an upcoming concert. Next I decided to make all the hints of white in the picture pop to then enhance the significance of the white text. Then I lightly blurred out the edges of the picture to make the wording and band members the focal point. Finally I decided to work on the balance of the picture by aligning all the text and the images I included.

Commented on -

Sarah Ballard 
Justin Alworth
Theodore King
Victoria Wilkins
Lindsay Combs     

9 comments:

  1. Love the use of the mixed fonts! I think it makes this dynamic and interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of the mixed fonts! I think it makes this dynamic and interesting to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how picture really balances out the text well. I think the colors and font choices are spot on. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how picture really balances out the text well. I think the colors and font choices are spot on. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The text choices are amazing! I love the block letters for "neighborhood."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome type choice and color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome type choice and color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to use good design technique. Clean and simple. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you take this in south provo?

    ReplyDelete