Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Steven Potter - Assignment 4 - A-Rod Magazine Spread


I decided to do center spread for this assignment, and I wanted to experiment with a difficult cutout. I used the pen tool because the background was hard on hard, and it seemed the only way to be precise. I placed the A-Rod off center on the left page, and put the bat and pull quote on the right to create balance. In order to create contrast and unity, I selected a bold headline font, and used a font similar to what is found in the Yankees' logo for the drop cap and pull quote. I also made the background Yankees' gray, and tinted it to 30 percent in order for the text to remain legible and readable.


Comments:
Annmarie Moore
Lindsay Combs
Alex Clark
Ally Hawkins
Justin Alworth

6 comments:

  1. I really like how the baseball player is interacting with the text. Or vice versa. It creates a nice movement to the entire composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like where you positioned the bat because it looks as though it has been placed where it would have naturally been thrown! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet layout. definitely draws the eye to the right spots. Maybe he could be slid over a teeny bit so he's not hugging the 'L' as much?
    I like the color scheme though - nice work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the picture you chose, but maybe you could try to move it to the right a bit so it doesn't touch the words. Super awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the rule of thirds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a fan of baseball, but this looks good! The spacing around the bat and player looks very professional!

    ReplyDelete