Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spencer King Assignment #4


Here I took a panoramic photo when I was skiing in France this past winter. This was taken before a touring up a courloir in Chamonix. I paired it with a ski equipment company called Black Diamond and treated it as if this would be a internet ad that could be run on the top bar of a website or in a magazine as well. I pixelated the image to give it a less professional feel and as give it a sense that it was taken with just a cellphone. I softened the image to give the shadows of the mountain a deeper feel and also make the sky really pop which draws your eye to the logo and the ad phrase "The Journey Starts Here" which I created. I then made the text a soft grey with opacity to now overpower the rest of the colors and almost blend in with the colors I chose.

Commented on:
Spencer Mecham
Chloe Johnson
J. Felix Lara
Alex Clark
Charlotte Duerdan

7 comments:

  1. I like that you chose to have a horizontal landscape for this image. It adds to the sense of adventure. It also makes me feel a little overwhelmed in a good way. It reminds me of taking a deep breath before going a big hike or jumping of a cliff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you chose to have a horizontal landscape for this image. It adds to the sense of adventure. It also makes me feel a little overwhelmed in a good way. It reminds me of taking a deep breath before going a big hike or jumping of a cliff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo. It really exemplifies the brand

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the contrast that half the picture is in shadow and the other is in sunlight. plus its just a rad picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sophisticated placement of text and logo. My neighbor is an industrial designer for black diamond. He'd be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Spencer, nice job on the panoramic! This is a sweet photo! I really like the text and the logo and their placement/colors! I would say maybe move the person in just a little bit hitting more of the third line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me sad all the snow melted and made skiing terrible this season.

    ReplyDelete