Thursday, March 26, 2015

Charlotte Duerden- Assignment 4


      For this assignment I decided to make an advertisement for New York City that would increase tourism. I decided that for the composition of this piece I wanted to stress simplicity. That is why I only used gray and black for my color scheme and used a simple graphic. I made the graphic in Photoshop and tried my best to make it look like it was spray painted onto the sidewalk to add to the realism and credibility of the piece. I also used the rule of thirds when it came to the placement of my text which is 1/3 of the way up in the photo. I love the idea of doing this as a photo series with mountains in it for one that promotes Utah or the Gateway Arch for Missouri! 


I ccmmented on:
Spencer Mecham
Kenny Kang
Lori Bell
Hannah Maines
Lauren Buchanan

14 comments:

  1. For simplicity this is awesome. I really like the use of just two colors but the design really portrays a lot more than that. The simple heartbeat and skyline is a great mix of the two

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really cool idea, the pulse waveform turning into the skyline. I think the text feels a little separated from the image though--maybe you could try adding grain or something t make it look like it's part of the cement... But well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, I like the concrete background it adds an extra element to the image that makes it more interesting. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea. I like the background as well. Maybe just add an image of a heart to drive the home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea. I like the background as well. Maybe just add an image of a heart to drive the home

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, super creative. Perhaps try to make the quote stand out a bit more?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really professional. Someone should pay you and use it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative with the cracked concrete. I love how minimal it is. It is just black and gray, yet the new york skyline stands out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool! I love how you made it like spray paint on the sidewalk. This is one of the best designs I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO creative! I love the idea and concept and how simple yet powerful it is. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! I like the concept, I like the execution. Maybe you could work with the background a little? I feel like it could be just a touch more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This graphic is super, super cool. I like it. It makes me want to go there.

    ReplyDelete