Thursday, March 26, 2015

Assignment #4- Keriann Roe


This is an advertisement I created for my ad class for the brand Osprey. This photo was taken specifically for this ad, that I helped create the concept for and set up. Because this company is for outdoors equipment, we kept the colors in the photo darker and more woodsy with the flannel, but we also included the color of the brand with the red and grey. I increased the saturation of the picture to match the rich colors in the trees and made the logo more opaque so it didn't detract from the photo. The body copy is really light on the bottom, because it is made for a magazine and it's not supposed to be super bold, so the tagline stands out more.

I commented on: Ally Hawkins, Kaushay Colvin, Robbie Dorius, Lisa Crofts and Rhees Jackson.

7 comments:

  1. This is funny. Nice choices of subjects. The flannel and beard work well for the outdoor feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool concept. This makes me think of two movies that I've never seen: stuck on you and broke back mtn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud when I saw this. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean's favorite movie is Broke Back mountain so don't let him fool you! Other than that I really like the ad and only with the back pack was facing the other way so it doesn't lead you off the page. But love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this ad! It has a great concept. I would make the body text pop a little more off of the gray background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this ad! It has a great concept. I would make the body text pop a little more off of the gray background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is hilarious and so clever! Good work with the coloring and the composition of the added graphics.

    ReplyDelete