Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Health Magazine Layout - Shauna Holdaway


With this layout I wanted to use something motivational that was also eye catching and relatable. I chose this picture because it represented the idea I wanted to get across and matched well with the text. It also gave me the chance to do something cool with leading lines in directing the reader's eye to the title. Unfortunately it came through kind of pixely but with more Photoshop training I am sure I could fix it. I wanted the entire spread to represent steps in order to take charge of your life.

6 comments:

  1. The coolest part is how the rock cuts on the right in a natural jagged way. Very creative and love how the angle and perspective matches the message. I might try to play around and see if there was a better color to make the font stand out more. But the only part that really looks weird is the "4," at the very beginning. Everything else looks natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the composition of the picture and how the different paragraphs represent the different steps to take. When i look at the picture i almost feel like i'm looking up and i'm about to fall from the cliff. The angle is great, it gives depth to the picture. I would also recommend to change the front or the color so that the "4" becomes more readable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what the other comments say about the title and making it more legible. I would also say that if you're going to use a large image like that for a magazine spread you should make sure it has a higher resolution so it doesn't look so pixelated. I really like the picture though, it makes a cool layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love how the text aligns with the rocks it looks so cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! I love how the text aligns with the rocks it looks so cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the way you positioned your text especially up against the rock because it gives it an even more jagged feeling. It looks good!

    ReplyDelete