Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Assignment 4 - Kaushay Colvin



So for this assignment, I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone. This is a new poster that I am working on for my job. We'll be using it as an advertisement for our daily workshops, but I think it could also double as a single page spread in a BYU-operated magazine or something like that. The goal is that it will be more eye-catching (hopefully for the right reasons) than the poster that we have up now.

We chose the color scheme of the black, white, blue, and grey a few months ago so I wanted to incorporate that for consistency. We also started using the vector-style images as part of our advertising, so I incorporated that with the smaller images.

I tried to use the rule of thirds to separate the blue boxes of text from the actual photo. I think there are some things that could be done to make it better, but I'm not sure how to change it while still keeping with the color scheme and themes. Any suggestions/critiques would be great!

I commented on: Natalie Daelemans, Justin Alworth, Ally Hawkins, Alex Trump, and Ryan Wells.

2 comments:

  1. The color you used is great, because it is strong, but not bold enough to make the font hard to read. The simple boxes and headlines are a great way to organize information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures you used in the boxes. I also like how the main picture fades in the blue color. I am not sure how i feel about the font. Because it is something that you want people to be able to read quickly, i think you should use a font with more spaces between the letters for the titles in the boxes. ?

    ReplyDelete