Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Assignment #4 - Santa Monica Pier "Postcard"


SANTA MONICA PIER - Postcard
My wife and I had the privilege of traveling to the great state of California recently.  The views of the sea, beach, and amenities were lovely to say the least. 
In this picture I tried to capture the iconic Californian wooden struts. The blue building adds a sharp contrast to the drizzly weather. The Ferris wheel served as my rule of thirds guide. I feel that the grungy text I added to the blue building, gave this picture that extra "oomph"of contrast. Overall, I feel that this picture successfully captures that larger than life look to the Santa Monica Pier, and could easily become part of a postcard.

By: J. Felix Lara

I commented on:
Kenny Kang
Abby Hobbs
Sean Dunshee
Camilla Crawford
Mike White

8 comments:

  1. Love the vibrancy of the colors! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you faded the words into the railing. It took me a second to see it, but I appreciate the subtlety

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this!! I like how creative you were to put "Santa Monica" on the building in lighter shades of blue. The colors are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This image is awesome! I love how you enhanced the colors and added text. Maybe california could either be more slanted or just straight across? The angle looks not quite right. Maybe it works better than the other angles you tried though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. This image is a slice-of-life, and it could be used for so many things. The colors really pop out, and I like that. Maybe incorporate "California" into the image itself more. It looks kind of hidden. Otherwise, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the image and the colors! Very attractive. My one concern is 'California' at the bottom is really hard to see and is. I wish you could do something like you did with Santa Monica with more color. That would have been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job at using contrasting colors it is really nice to have the pier attractions really pop and the words Santa Monica California take a back seat and just add to the scene without popping out at you

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cool!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete