Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Assignment #4 - Recipe Book Cover


This is the cover to a pretend dessert recipe book. I put it together using Illustrator. The font is called "Give me some Sugar," which seemed appropriate, and I chose pastel colors to go along with the cute girly vibe. I chose circles as a reoccurring shape, and used three large ones to create balance. Like the title of the book, I wanted to keep the design really simple, but still fun.

I commented on:
Shauna Holdaway
Lorraine Bailey
Alex Clark
Michael Taylor
Creela Belle Howard

6 comments:

  1. I think that the font is perfect, I also really like the color scheme. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the red and pink together it looks great, my only thing is I thought that was sand, but thats probably just me! When I read your description I got it though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the red and pink together it looks great, my only thing is I thought that was sand, but thats probably just me! When I read your description I got it though

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the colors that you have going on here! I think you did good job with the balance as well. The only thing for me is that I think the pink box/lines on the left side draw attention away from the rest. I don't know if its the colors or the size of it, but maybe that could toned down a little so that it wasn't the focal point. But seriously, I like it! It definitely has the vibe and feel that you were going for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this, the colors, the layout, but the first pink bubble blends in with the pink left edge. other than that, i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would try to make the sugar in the background whiter so it looks more natural and brings out the blue and pink.

    ReplyDelete