Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Assignment 4- Lorraine Bailey "vintage postcard"


For this composition project, I decided to create a French vintage postcard. I used three pictures I took while in France last summer. I selected these pictures because I really liked the different angles and perspectives. It is different from the usual postcard pictures. I grouped all three pictures on an off-pink/beige background and applied a vintage filter to the whole picture. I also used canva.com to play with the transparency of both the picture and the typography to give the postcard a fainted look. I also applied a filter called "pencil sketch," which gives the postcard a little bit of texture and age. I then applied a vignette to frame the overall picture. I used Photoshop to add the different vintage stamps in the top right corner.

I commented on: Shauna Holdaway
                            Creela Belle Howard 
                            Kaushay Colvin
                            Michael Taylor
                            Jessilyn Gale

7 comments:

  1. That's pretty amazing that you created this postcard using legit photos you took yourself. I particularly like the mash up of the different perspectives, and the vintage logo in the corner is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i Like how you broke up the letters

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very unified design. The look of the photos with the text and all the little touches go together really well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I love the vintage look you created, I would buy this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted to go to France since I was a little girl so I love this. It looks like a great vintage postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes me want to visit France, the composition is great with the text left justified it doesn't distract from the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you did a really good job on this

    ReplyDelete