Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Assignment 4 - Katherine Poulson


For my fourth assignment, I chose to try a semi-deconstructionist approach with the simplicity of minimalism.  For this assignment, I took my Photography business and tried to do a sample web page that would convert easily to a hand out or even a back of a business card. What I did, was take this image of the couple's hand (which I took on a recent shoot) and I removed the background with Photoshop. I then used photoshop to manipulate the layers of the background and I moved the opacity around with the heart cutouts and the letter. Then I put it all together trying to keep to the rule of thirds. I feel like at this point in time the page is text heavy, so if I were to use this as an actual page, I would end up taking a lot of the text off and leaving the essence in more of a list format.

What this is trying to convey, is how easy and affordable my photography is. It's about memories and love. It's about the family less than the highly stressful studio shoots where you pay lots of money for very few pictures. If I had time to write it all, this is what would go in the text as well as pricing and policies.

I commented on: Keith Huber, Sean Dunshee, Charlotte Duerden, Chloe Johnson, Steven Potter

3 comments:

  1. I like this idea a lot! And I agree with your comment about it being text heavy, good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great simplistic design! It really draws me into the ad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great simplistic design! It really draws me into the ad!

    ReplyDelete