Thursday, March 26, 2015

Assignment 4: Chloe Johnson


DOGUE
I did a magazine cover featuring my dog Lulu, who I dressed up and posed for hours. I wanted to do a spin-off of the Vogue Magazine. I worked with a ton of alignment on this, making sure the text stayed in the proper columns. Then I moved the text so that your eye would slowly move down the page to the final lower title. However, I also had to figure in the color changes needed for the text to standout against the background and be legible so I used two font colors. I know this is acceptable because Vogue did it on the Beyonce issue last year. 
Also, I used a lot of different fonts to give each "story" its own personality, which may have been distracting. Idk, what do you think? 

Commented on 
Sarah Ballard J. Felix Lara  Lauren Buchanan Tyler Shaw Theodore King



9 comments:

  1. I think this is funny. Great idea, and it is very attractive. My one comment, in answer to your question in your description, is YES, the multiple fonts was a bit distracting. I think you could have done it with consistent fonts, just changing size/ color to create the variety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is hilarious. Personally I like the multiple fonts, but I can see why people with a better eye for it might now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fonts are a little distracting but I wouldn't worry about it. The design is great and obviously very original. If I were to change one thing I would make the magazine name a bit thicker it seems to have a bit too much space between each letter

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is pretty hilarious. Well done. There is the one bullet point on the bottom right, not sure why that's there but the rest looks great haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You put a lot of work into this-- nice job! My only suggestion would be to reduce the amount of typefaces you have. Generally an ad or cover doesn't go over 3 (font families don't count).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is impressive. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lulu is adorable! You did a really good job on this! Looks like a real magazine cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creative. Cute. Fun. Very clean and well put together. I like how the image and the colors work as one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha i didn't know you had a dog! love this Chloe you're the best.

    ReplyDelete