Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Alex Trump - Assignment # 4 - Composition



My assignment is an album cover that I created for my brother's band. As he is finishing up an album, he needed a CD insert and a CD cover. Although it may seem a little weird, the picture has a lot of symbolism to it. My brother is very off the mainstream, even describing himself on twitter as a "bold wallflower", and musically he is very, very talented. I wanted to portray his step aside from the mainstream (mannequins) and show that he thinks differently from the world, and in that way is separated from them. I wanted it to also show that he doesn't pay attention to what the world does, and has his own way of thinking. All images are my own (except for the mannequins).

I commented on: Rheesco Jackson, Robbie Dorius, Anna Umpstead, Nathan Innis, Mike White & Camilla Crawford

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Your brother's band is pretty lucky. I love the blend of colors and black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Your brother's band is pretty lucky. I love the blend of colors and black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome concept and I think you executed it really well, too. The only thing that I would change is maybe making the color schemes in the windows more consistent with the colored text. It doesn't look bad, but it is something that to me creates a totally different feel. With that though, if you're trying to identify the guy on the side with the windows and the mannequins with the text, then that makes sense. I would just move it closer to the mannequins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super creative! I love it! Although I feel like there is a bit too much focus on the mannequins. Maybe if they were smaller and in the background instead of foreground?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the weight of this image is to the right margin but the bulk of the message is on the left. This would be a great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, this image creeps me out. I had nightmares of mannequins as a kid. But that's beside the point. I always love color paired with black and white. It brings my eyes to focus on those colored areas. The colored windows take my eyes to the copy. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete