Thursday, February 19, 2015

Spencer King - Typography Assignment



I took this picture in Seattle at an old abandoned gas plant. I changed the coloring to give it an almost imaginary feel instead of just a color picture. I photoshoped in an astronaut which seemed to contradict the idea of what is abandoned but rather reaching for new heights. Next to the astronaut is a quote I have had for a long time. Also I wrote several different words throughout the pipes that are influential in my life. Seeming my own call to action.

Commented on
Kyle Lemperle
Robert Hill
Dillon Olsen
Rheesco Jackson
Travis Mortenson

3 comments:

  1. Although it is hard to read at this small, I love the imagery and how the words reach across the top of the image. The two people below seem to be looking up, inviting the viewer to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is a little hard to see. But if thats what you were going for, good job! I think the picture looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the composition and the colors of this photo are really cool! And the building is very visually engaging. However, t is really hard to read the words though. I would say to make them a lighter color yellow, or maybe even the blue color, and maybe make them a tad bigger as well.

    ReplyDelete