Thursday, February 19, 2015

Michael White Project #2 - Vaccines


For my project I wanted to try an infographic. I have never made an infographic before but I figured this would be the opportunity to learn. I wanted to choose a current topic that has relevance and some controversy, so I chose to make my call to action about vaccinations.

I chose the colors red and white for contrast and made the text red and bold to give it more of a forceful feel. I also chose the font vollkorn because of the san serif in all upper case lettering. I felt this gave the text more of a bold message to the reader. I also wanted to emphasize the numbers so that when you initially look at the infographic your eye first see the numbers.

Originally, I had the text and the images symmetrical, but that gave it a bland look and no visual appeal. As I know I am amateur in making infographics, I felt that by using the spacing between the images and content that I did that I was able to give it a more visual appeal and and easier to read method.

I commented on:

Theodore King
Cameron Moon
Stacey Koller
"Turn off the tap" (no name)
Kyle Lemperle

4 comments:

  1. I like the colors and the graphics mixed with the typography. There is a great sense of direction and continuation. I also like how a problem is presented and then solved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great infographic. The red on the white is really powerful.you do a good job of creating a path for the eye to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I love the path and the power in the color choice.

    ReplyDelete