Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Picture Assignment 2--"Embark"--Alex Clark


This is a picture of my companion and me during my mission in St. Petersburg, Russia. "Embark" is a call to live life to the fullest, even if you have to take some chances and climb some snowy mountains along the way. There's also a Gospel parallel to D&C 4:2.

"Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

The tree stands at the edge of the "cliff," and can also symbolize the Tree of Life. The sun can represent Jesus Christ, the Light of the World.

I chose a filter that brought out the contrast between the light and dark shadow, and I also sharpened and gave more clarity to the edges found in the photo. "Embark" is written in "Rockwell" font because I thought it was simple but thick and dark enough to complement the light/dark contrast.

I commented on:

Michael Taylor
Chelsea Luke
Rebecca Dabney
Steven Potter
Shauna Holdaway

2 comments:

  1. I think one of the strongest things in this image is the contrast between images with "shadows" around them and then the stark, sleek lettering. I feel like it starts to lead the eye around the photo really well! I think using a navy blue instead of a black would've helped the word blend a little better, but it would have changed the feel a little and I really like it how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is awesome! I love how you sharpened it and how you put it together. Great coloring as well!

    ReplyDelete