Wednesday, February 18, 2015

| Mophie Ad | Assignment 2


Our society is making a huge shift towards integrating technology into our lives. I made an ad promoting an external battery pack called mophie. For this assignment, I spent a lot of time experimenting on new ideas that could help make my typography stand out. Ultimately, I found that my message needed to be more simple and less complicated. I wanted my message to highlight upon something the audience could relate to. I learned that the copy doesn't have to hit you upside the head to be effective.

As for the techniques I used in my typography, I kept everything simple. I want my copy to be easy to understand, but subtle enough to believe in. I used Photoshop for the images, and then I put everything together on Illustrator. I used the rulers to create alignment between the different components of the ad. I added weight in the main heading to emphasize the call to action. I created a lot of white space in the ad and repetition in the copy. In addition, the positioning of the images and copy created flow between the copy.

I commented on:

Assignment #2: Creativity by Lori Bell

Assignment 2 - Clear Your Mind by Kensey Berry

Assignment 2- Lisa Crofts

Assignment #2- "Carpe Diem" By Sarah Davies

Keith Hubert- Assignment #2 "Open Happiness in Japan"

5 comments:

  1. This is great. The text helps to naturally drive the message of the ad along with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fantastic! It looks like a real advertisement. I also love the idea. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good all over. It's professional and clean. I like the font, easy to read but still more than Times New Roman. The only thing I would suggest is like we talked about in class, turning that phone into the ad instead having it point out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the simplicity of this photo. I also like how you added contrast to the type. The image works well with the message as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the simplicity of this photo. I also like how you added contrast to the type. The image works well with the message as well.

    ReplyDelete