Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Assignment 2 - Typography "ART IS EVERYWH"



























ART IS EVERYWH
My goal when taking this picture was to display the power of minimalism. In addition, I remember our professor showing us how our brain has become wired to read or infer things in certain ways. Chances are you probably glanced at the picture, read the text, and your brain inferred that ART IS EVERYWHERE. Nevertheless, the text only says ART IS EVERYWH which serves to prove our professors point.

Art can be found everywhere; we just need to look for it. So here is my suggestion to you, find beauty in the mundane. Find beauty in the averageness of this world, for it is awesome. Embrace the symmetrical and asymmetrical elements of life. Love your imperfections, as well as the imperfections of this world, because ART truly IS EVERYWHERE.

By: J. Felix Lara

I commented on:
Anna Umstead
Cory Hruska
Lincoln Selk
Ryan Wells
Ally Hawkins







4 comments:

  1. This is trippy. It's artistic like an odd montage scene from Breaking Bad. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I really like how you followed the lines of the washing machines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. It's wild how my mind comprehended EVERYW even before I noticed it was only part of a word. Way to apply what we learned in class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really well done! I love the way you placed the type in the photo, and I like the color choices you used. I didn't even notice that the whole word wasn't there until I read you description. Very clean and simple but also brilliant!

    ReplyDelete