Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Assignment #2: BOUNCE


For this assignment I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to combine aspects of my life that I am passionate about, hairstyling, beauty products, and advertising. As a hairstylist my favorite hair texture to style is curly because it allows you to be creative and often has a mind of its own. 

I tried multiple fonts before deciding on "Simpleman Regular." I chose this font because it appears to be in line with L’Oreal’s brand image; the font is simple but still very feminine. In Photoshop I used the warp text feature to add an 18% bend to the "MAKE YOUR CURLS" text so that it would appear to be bouncing on the background. I also used a 60% bend in order to make the word "BOUNCE" jump above the actual product to imitate the bounce of the curls the product would create when used. I utilized white space to create a light, clean background again in fitting with L’Oreal’s fresh image.

(I was unable to take a photograph that captured curls perfectly so the girl in this picture is an online model.)

I commented on the blogposts of Travis Mortenson, Abby Hobbs, Ruben Felix, Keriann Roe, and Jessilyn Gale.

4 comments:

  1. Love the way you used the rule of thirds to set the model in the shot, and I'm really digging the font that you used. Nice way to manipulate the form of the words too to get it to embody the message they convey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with your curved fonts! I can never figure out photoshop curved fonts... so props! I like that this is an Ad-style call to action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow woman passionate about curly hair-I appreciate this message :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the transforming tools to get the font to really work with your picture and sell the product.

    ReplyDelete