Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kyle Lewis: Never leave adventure unattended


This image that I took at a beach in Australia captures how I feel about living my life. I have always felt that people leave behind adventure and once in a lifetime opportunities for the boring and unrewarding. I took this picture to capture that feeling, but never put words to describe it. The two surfboards were left unattended by some random beach goers and I so badly wanted to snatch one up and take them out to the waves. I was excited to finally put words to this picture expressing that feeling. I made the picture black and white because I feel that it makes the surfboards look more lonely and unattended. The quote I used comes from my feelings from that moment, and calls others to find adventure. 

I used a font called 'champagne & limousines'. I felt that the sans serif font matches the outdoor casual feel of the image. I left the main part of the text regular with the skinny strokes to emphasize the loneliness. However, I bolded and capitalized 'ADVENTURE' because that is the call to the reader that those surfboards are an opportunity to experience adventure. I think that the combination of the picture and the text all ties in to tell the same message and evokes feeling to not let life pass by. 

I commented on:
Ashley Frehner
Kaushay Colvin
Kensey Berry
Victoria Wilkins
Natalie Daelemans

3 comments:

  1. Very Classy use of this font, pairing it with the black and white. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I love the picture. For some reason I would think typography would be difficult to match with this picture, but you did well. It's simple, but my eyes were immediately drawn to adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice for type. Clean image and message. Awesome

    ReplyDelete