Thursday, February 19, 2015

Assignment 2: Imagination - Kaushay Colvin

For this assignment, I used a picture that I took one day while reminiscing on my childhood. I have two younger sisters and I wanted to create something that would be a call to embracing imagination. I used PhotoShop to edit some of the colors in the photo and made the chalk drawing pop a bit more.
I used the Savoye font on the word imagination because it elicits a dreamy feel. I used PT Sans in a smaller size to convey the paradox of realistically trying to hold onto imagination.

My goal was have it be a call to hold on to imagination from the perspective of someone who has started to lose it, hence the simpler fonts.

I used a variation of the color of my shirt in the image as the font color in order to create more unity in the photo.

I commented on the photos of Nathan Pope, Alex Clark, Robert Hill, Camilla Crawford, and Lori Bell.

4 comments:

  1. Very inspiring call to action. I like how you kept "don't let it go" separate, rather than saying 'Don't let go of your imagination'. I think it gave your call more emphasis and tied in with your picture better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are multiple lines of focus and vectors in this picture and between the two fonts. This gives it a very ethereal feel, which matches the message nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really like this photo, font fits the picture perfeclty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the message and image mix. It brings a strong feeling of emotion and nostalgia. Really creative.

    ReplyDelete