Thursday, February 19, 2015

Kyle Lemperle - Assignment #2 - "Illusion"

Michael Jordan's birthday was this week and so I found myself watching multiple documentaries and highlights to celebrate the day of the G.O.A.T. Though I didn't take this picture, I wanted to find one that would captivate who he was as a player and a person, and I found this. If there's one lesson that can be learned from him, it's that limits don't exist. We, as in we individually, put the boundaries and limits on our capabilities. MJ taught this by defying one of the greatest odds: gravity. So with that said, the emotion I wanted the viewer to take from this is courage and confidence, knowing that he/she can overcome any limits if they put their heart in it.
I touched up the picture just a little bit. I thought the picture would be cooler and bring the words out more if I did black and white. I thought black and white would go well with the word "illusion." I also added sharpness to the Michael and the basketball hoop. 
Because this is an actual quotation from His Airness, I chose a font that would read like a quotation. I wanted the first portion to be very simple, not demanding attention. Then I switched the font and size for "illusion" to bring the viewers eyes to it, because it's the most important word. 

I commented on Andrew Forrest, Robbie Dorius, Kyle Lewis, Dillon Olsen, Kensey Berry

4 comments:

  1. Always the GOAT! Great job on keeping the nostalgia with the black and white and just some simple words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the black and white giving it the old school yet powerful feel. I also like your text how your last word is under the hoop making the eye see the whole image as you read the content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture and quote. The black and white helps provide a feeling of "illustion" and gives it an old school feel. I also like the quote because watching MJ play was so incredible sometimes it felt like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Bulls! Love this photo and the quote that you tied in. Also enjoy the black and white theme. Great concept. Props!

    ReplyDelete