Thursday, February 19, 2015

Project #2 - Get High


I didn't take this picture, but I did star in it. It was taken in November at my wedding. I felt like the Beatles lyrics fit the image well. I tried to incorporate a style of typography that respected the integrity of the photo, and matched the mood as a whole. The image wasn't manipulated, I just created a new layer for the text. I wanted to choose a font (Oswald) and color, that subtly pop off the image without distracting too much. The mood is positive, inspiring, and . . . UPLIFTING!

I commented on:
"Art is Everywh" - Elix
"Mophie Ad" - Kenny Kang
"Climb More Trees" - Robert Hill
"Random" - Lorraine Bailey
"Open Hapiness in Japan" - Keith Hubert

4 comments:

  1. Nice work. I love the imagery and how you used "I GET HIGH" to catch the eye of the viewer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. best wedding picture ever

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome image, great picture and the clever line is perfect. love the movement in the photo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the message you convey, and the way that you manipulate the text makes your message powerful.

    ReplyDelete