Thursday, February 19, 2015

Assignment 2 - Happiness

Assignment #2 - Happiness - Katherine Poulson


So, I took this picture for my friend's sister while doing a 3 month photoshoot. Her son was very hard to work with as we were trying to put him in different poses and outfits and to make hims smile. It was getting frustrating. But as I was going through to edit those pictures, I thought to myself that happiness, even when it's hard to get in pictures, truly isn't in the things we own. It's in these little bundles of joy that slobber all over us and cry until we have headaches. In the gospel especially, happiness is in the soul. To make more of a stark image, I made the image black and white in photoshop, took out the background texture, and played with the shadows and highlights to brighten up the whites and black out the blacks. Then I took the image into canva and added the wordings and the decorative boarder.

I used the quote because it fundamentally conveys the very thoughts I had while editing this image. I also chose the font because it is fun and lighthearted, but still easy to read and not super cheesy. I wanted it to be fun and classy at the same time. I chose a light grey so it would be readable and stand out from the background.

I've commented on:
Steven Potter
Gabe McFadden
Alex Trump
Esther Cambrera

Kenry Kang

1 comment:

  1. Adorable photo that matches the quote perfectly in my opinion. goos font choice but wish I could have seen it in a color.

    ReplyDelete