Monday, December 8, 2014

Tanner Wadsworth Final Project


My favorite poet recently has been T.S. Eliot. This phrase from his poem The Hollow Men is hauntingly beautiful to me and reminds me why I like poetry in the first place. For this project I tried to create a graphic that would compliment and elaborate on the phrase. I also watched Interstellar recently and developed a mild fixation on black holes. Anyway, I played with the idiom of "getting lost" in someones eyes. The maze is obvious, but I like the way it seems to collapse towards the center, sucking everything into itself.

COMMENTS: M'leah Ricker, Austin DeLaMare, Lexi Erickson, Mandy Facer, Stefan Van De Graaf

9 comments:

  1. This eye just freaks me out. I like this picture because of the maze effect and how you just can't look away from it. Great Picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! The maze in the eye is subtle enough to make it look normal until you look closely. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cool picture. The colors of the eye are captivating and it really helps contrast from the blackness that the maze is being drawn into. Neat idea and great portrayal of the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That maze is amazing! It looks super awesome and professional. The text seems somewhat out of place, but I like the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, that maze eye is awesome. I agree with Aaron H, that you could do more with the typography. And maybe even just leave the eye blank. So so coo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. It really pulls you in and feels powerful and draining at the same time. The only suggestion I have is to maybe wrap the text a little along the line of the pupil. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The eye really pulls me in, the text is simple and I like that its off to the side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This concept is awesome. I love the look of the maze in the eye. It's a very intriguing visual.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this visual, but I think the message would be stronger if there was no text in the eye. That way it would force the viewer to interpret the message for themselves.

    ReplyDelete