Monday, December 8, 2014

M'Leah Ricker Final Project


Okay, so I had not a clue what I was going to do for my final project. I found some cool self-portrait ideas and thought that might be fun... but the ideas I had didn't work out. I decided to take my self  portrait and something I love and combine them. I've always played the piano, and I love to sing and dance. Music is a form of release and expression for me, and it's an integral part of who I am. I chose to run with that feeling...that music is liberating. Music can speak for me when I have nothing to say.

I used Photoshop to crop the background out of this picture, and then used layers to create the music and text on top. The font used is Sitka, and I felt like it carried with the emotion in this picture. I chose green and pink as complementary colors, and in creating the text I tried to use the rule of thirds. I also aligned my portrait on a grid. I made is slightly off-center to create interest, and the text balances the picture. I feel like there's almost a poster-like quality to the picture. If it was square and had a title, it could be my CD cover or something. (If I was famous. Haha)

Comments: Bronwyn Burkhardt, Dave Rowe, Jessica Smith, Colton Fullmer, Hailey Stevens

2 comments:

  1. I like this concept. I like it that you chose a difficult and complicated piece to overlay.It matches the model's perplexed expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you managed to still make your face visible even with the overlay. Great job!

    ReplyDelete