Monday, December 8, 2014

Lexi Erickson: Final Project

My final project, I made a poster of Italy. The country is made up of pictures I took in Italy over the summer. The quote on the bottom is in Italian and it means, "I came, I saw, I loved". I chose this quote because it really fit my experience with Italy. I left Italy with a love for the country. 
I decided on a grey background to make the colors of the picture stand out more. I tried multiple color backgrounds, and I thought white and grey looked the best, but chose grey to use white font. I thought it looked best. I chose the font because I felt like it fit the attitude of Italy rather well. I liked the serif's and the look of the font. I put the quote at the bottom because of the way Italy is shaped, and the "boot" points towards the bottom, and leads your eyes towards the quote. I also underlined the quote because it brought more emphasis to it.
Even though the pictures are kind of small, I chose some of them by rule of thirds, composition, emphasis, or triangulation. It was kind of hard because I had to fit it into a diamond shape, but I believe it worked for some of them. 
I commented on: Bronwyn Burkhardt, Hailey Stevens, Stefan Van De Graff, Jessica Smith and Colton Fullmer

13 comments:

  1. I think this looks awesome! I love Italy. Only suggestion would be to change the background to a solid. The gradient distracts from the awesome pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the layout of this design. Italy helps make it a great flow from top to bottom and the different picture collage format is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The diamond shape was an awesome choice, and I agree with a solid background rather than a gradient. The serif font was also a good choice. All around an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Italy. I've been there, and I loved most of it. (Venetians are kind of rude, but otherwise a delightful country!) This brings a very modern feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Latin makes everything cooler;) Visually though, this is amazing. I love the collage thing going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to Italy but this is great. I personally like the gradient background because it softens the poster and provides a professional feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to Italy this summer too and this graphic makes me want to go back. I love how the images form the shape of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lexi, I really like your design. It is wonderful to see something so clean cut. It really is able to get the point (message) that you want to send across to your audience. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cool. I love the collage you did inside of Italy rather than in the background. It brings the focus to the country and the shapes inside are a really creative way of displaying your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so legit! You did a great job. The design definitely caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the simplicity of the text and the background

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet this took forever and it looks great. It is clean and works perfectly. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks really professional! really good idea putting the pictures into the shape of italy. i also like how classic the font is, it doesn't take away from it, but adds to it

    ReplyDelete