Monday, December 8, 2014

Final project Eric Morgan - Cost of Freedom



I wanted to create an image out of text for my final project and i think this captures it pretty well.  I used a patriotic color scheme on top of a gray background to help it stand out better. I have done a lot of patriotic things this semester, but this one is a lot more personal. I was talking with a military friend of mine and during the conversation i asked him how the pay was. He told me that for the first 2 years he made less than $20,000 a year. This might be ok for a single guy, but he had a wife and I'm sure others have families they are trying to support as well. I looked into it and for every soldier the cost is split between 142 people and that it comes out to about $140 a year per person. I feel that we should be able to afford to pay our service men and women more to defend our lives and our freedom. The cost should be higher.

I commented on:
Erin O'Sullivan
Lexi Erikson
Maren Owen
Alex Skinner
Sam Thorup

4 comments:

  1. I love the concept and how you manager to make a flag out of text. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that you were able to recreate the flag. good job. The only suggestion I have is to try some other fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the white text forms a star shape. You can instantly tell what the image is portraying and you want to look deeper to read the entire text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fatty star represents blessed roots and a prosperous future :) Awesome

    ReplyDelete