Monday, December 8, 2014

Final Project-McCall Mishler

For this assignment I compiled the pictures that I took when I was in Italy this summer to make an advertisement to visit the country. My photos all had a complementary color scheme with there being lots of clues and off whites and browns. I used the rule of thirds in various directions by having a string of photos in the left third of the page, and then by putting the words in the middle third of the page. Instead of having just a blank background I used another picture as the background and made it transparent so the emphasis wasn't on it. The pictures were each taken with a unique perspective as well. The top picture left and middle pictures were taken from a lower angle, the bottom left was taken head on, the bottom right was taken off centered, and the top left was taken from above. I placed the pictures in ways that they related, but it wasn't two buildings next to each other or the two water shots next to each other. For the font I used an old European looking font to fit the Italian theme.

Commented on: Dave Rowe, Dania Rice, Colton Fullmer, Samantha Williams, Lexi Erickson

2 comments:

  1. I like the background. It portrays the idea of Italy without stealing the focus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pictures! It makes me want to go there!

    ReplyDelete