Monday, December 8, 2014

Final Project - Jessica Smith


I used an art project that I recently painted as part of my final project.  I was inspired mainly from the Church’s “He Is the Gift” campaign that they are doing right now.  I decided to take a picture of my project which is the starry-night background with the stable below.  I cleaned up some of the lines fixed a few minor mistakes.  Then I added in the phrase that has been used in the campaign.  I tried to create a good balance and go more for an emotional appeal at this time of year when we are so focused on Christmas.

I commented on the following people's projects: Madison Houghton, Carrie Duford, Clarissa Oliphant, Samantha Williams, and Sydney Walton.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome dark purple/blue. It is very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The three sections really flow and all together this image is very powerful and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect for the Christmas feel. It works perfectly and I feel like it matches up to the message. Great type and color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this. I like the size of it. I like the font you chose and where you place the font! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This picture looks very professional. I like how the canvas size is different. This is simple and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! It could be sold professionally as a Christmas Card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're such a talented artist! I love it. Really tugs at my Christmas time heart strings for sure. I really like the typography you chose too! It doesn't distract or take away from the manger. I also really liked that the white font matches the baby Jesus' halo.

    ReplyDelete