Monday, December 8, 2014

Final Project- Becca Harpster- LDS Bridal


Being a journalism student and getting married soon I have read a lot of bridal magazines. I thought doing a Mormon bridal magazine would appeal to a lot of people so I came up with LDS Bridal. I used this picture of my sister I took during her wedding and centered in the middle leaving the top of her dress uncovered to emphasize the modesty. I wanted the title to stand out so I used a light color with Hoefler Text Italic as the font. I wanted to keep the color scheme very simple and harmonious so I stayed with shades of pink to make the important things pop while keeping the other words black. I noticed that in most magazine covers they used different fonts for the headings so I played around with those and found ones that apply to the magazine and catch attention. 
I commented on Austin DeLaMare, M'leah Ricker, Tanner Wadsworth, Eric Morgan, and Samantha Williams. 

3 comments:

  1. This had really great fonts as well as the composition. It looks just like a bridal magazine but the image was enough to draw me in so that i want to read it, not just look at the cover. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job at creating this cover. The only font I feel could be better is the one that says "How to explain your..." Other than that, I like the other fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! Looks just like a magazine cover you would see on an actual magazine : ) Love it!

    ReplyDelete