Monday, December 8, 2014

Arts and Crafts-Skyler Street



So for my final project I wanted to create something that I could give out as a present this Christmas. I chose to create a painting with a triad color scheme (that dark color is actually eggplant not black). So I picked out a color scheme with hues of violet, green, and orange. Since I wanted this to have a happy, silly feeling I chose to go all Jackson Pollock and just toss the paint on a blank canvas. I tried my best to get the colors proportionate. I chose to create a blank white space between the columns to have balance and to create a sense of order to the picture. Those frames I ordered to match the exact colors I used and the pictures in there are just the ones they came with. I haven't put the pictures in that I am going to use just yet, but the fames will be attached to the painting after the pictures are inserted.

I commented on- Mandy Facer, Taner Wadsworth, Austin DeLaMare, Hailey Stevens, Brooke Adams

2 comments:

  1. I really like how the picture frames match the paint, each emphasizing a different color in the paint. The line drawn across the image by the three frames on different levels is really nice as well, and draws the eye through the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the white space idea. create and adds some originality.

    ReplyDelete