Monday, December 8, 2014

Final Project - Aaron Hastings - Begin


This image started out as a photo I took against a white plaster wall in my apartment. I took the photo into photoshop to remove some of the light rings on the wall from the spotlight, and made the image black and white. I had to adjust the contrast to put the emphasis off of the glove and on the batarang (Batman throwing star) and I added the text at the bottom. My goal was to make the image an advertising poster for Batman Begins, which used Univers text on their posters. I had to use Myriad Bold because Univers was not available, but the fonts are highly similar. I wanted to make the image look like a police detective with a latex glove on picking up the batarang on a crime scene, as if collecting it for evidence.

Commented on: Esteban De Hoyos, Skyler Street, Tanner Wadsworth, Eric Morgan, Sterling Randle

8 comments:

  1. I love this. The colors and the grey make it so dark which I think goes along very well with the overall theme of Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool edits! It looks like a poster you would see in a theater. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome picture!! All of the details are great. (the glove, circle, shadow etc.) The text might be a little too close to the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic contrast and perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of contrast in the image . Love the movie. Image has nice depth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cool visual. The composition of the photo is really good. The text is a little too far to the right. I'd move it over a little so it isn't flirting so much with the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really great.To better illustrate the detective concept, I wonder if a brick wall or the blue and red lights you mentioned would help. It looks awesome, but the full concept is easily missed without an explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. epic. just epic. class a photo and idea that make the whole thing magic. professional look!

    ReplyDelete